Saturday, October 07, 2006

P.R. - American Crew Essential Shave Oil



After reading an impressive review for this product, I decided to try it out. I was surprised by the small bottle (1.7 fl oz), considering most shave creams are sold in generous sized cans. This lightly scented oil produces a very smooth shave, so the end result is that it fulfilled its basic purpose but I expected more! Whenever I use a product that's made for a man but recommended by women, I expect the WOW factor. In this case, the drawbacks outweigh the positives by far. This oil gives a very chilly sensation to your skin, and the oily "gook" it produced in my razor, I could certainly do without. It made it difficult to rinse off the gobbledy-gook between each full swoop across the skin. So much harder that I also had to wipe the blade using a face towel, this actually ripped a few holes in my washcloth so not so great. I think I get better results using plain ole hair conditioner or my new love.... Caress Shower Gel - smells great, easy to use, smooth shave, - every time! I will not purchase this product again.

No comments: