Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's Time To Talk Beauty!


Lately, I've been dishing on the latest celeb chat but I wouldn't be worthy of my blog title if I went tooooo long without discussing my ultimate addiction! So, without further delay, let's talk beaute' shall we?

It's rare I try a product that I love from start to finish. I often buy products & end up giving them away to my fam or friends because they simply don't meet my simple requirement of "doing what it says it will do". Afterall, who wants to buy a product for acne prevention only to find it makes your skin worse?!? What's the point? I can't stand it when a product promises dramatic results only to find out it doesn't even come close. Simply irritating. So, I was delighted to find the Steep Clean Cleansing Milk by Bliss delivered on its promise without fail.

Steep Clean is a deep pore cleanser for oily/congested complexions & from the very first use, it did just that. My pores got smaller with each use & my skin just felt clean every time. Initially, I wasn't thrilled with the blue "detergenty" color nor the smell but I barely notice the scent now. This is my daytime cleanser & although I just ran out, I'm adding this product to my "REPURCHASE" file for future reference. It's a must buy for oily/acne prone types!!

If you're a true girly girl beautaaaay addict, then you know pedicures are a treat but who has time or the loot to shell out $40 or more each month for such an indulgence. Honestly, nowadays, it's all too easy easy to find simple steps to recreate this spa treat in the privacy of your own home. I love to treat myself to a relaxing pedi (*Mario Tricoci offers a Shea Silk pedi to die for - - honest!) during the summer months but it's more of a hassle in the winter time. The drying time alone is a waste considering you're bound to withstand a polish nick or two as soon as you slip back into your boots or heels. So, save yourself the cash & time by perfecting your own at-home-pedi. If you need to know the steps, lemme know, I'll be happy to send you a recipe.

*SIDENOTE - If you're ever in the northwest burbs of IL, try the Shea Silk pedicure at the Mario Tricoci in Bloomingdale IL, ask for Cheryl - she is the bomb! TRUST.

Anyone who is as serious about soft heels as I am will not hesitate to invest in a genuine Diamond Foot Buffer! Honestly, you haven't felt soft heels until you've enjoyed this investment of a tool. There are numerous options to choose from, I use the Diamancel #11 which is an excellent buffer for active women on the go. These things are not cheap (can you say Ebay) & I actually hesitated for years before purchasing one. But, it will last you forever, is super easy to clean & works like new each time. Love!



For the softest feet you can imagine - NO JOKE - pair your new diamond file with the Shea Butter Hand Lotion by Burts Bees. Yes, the hand lotion! Slather it on once your pedicure is complete & prepare to be in shock at the uber-super softness of your feet..... A little goes a long way - you will thank me & Burt of course.



If there's one item I am always in search of, it's got to be THE ULTIMATE EYE CREAM. I mean a reallllly good one, as in depuffs, de-lines, smooths, soothes, wide-awake look, eye cream. If you know of one, don't be stingy. Pay it forward!! I have yet to find the holy grail product but I know it exists so my search continues. This one is not the holy grail but it's really good. I must say, I never expected to be impressed with Bliss products & yet so-far, so-good. Who knew? : )



Why is it that I have 10 glosses of the same shade, but as soon as I see a similar shade, my eyes get all wide & happy as if it's the first time ever?! This beach bronzey lipgloss is purrrrfect for any skin tone & tastes yummy too! Who can beat that? BBW has made some HUGE strides in the bath & beauty bizzness the last 5 years or so & they continue to expand their product line. Last week, I found this gorgeous lipgloss which is a perfect soft bronze color PLUS it's moisturizing & a lil sparkly. Think soft shimmer not Cheetah-girl. But that's not all, it also has a sweet (not really gingerbread) taste that isn't annoying, make-you-sick-tasty. For $6, give it a try, you know it's going to be history after the holidays so get it while it's hot!


Calling all Costco LOVERS!!!




I love Costco! Where else can you find a home entertainment center, 2 dozen organic eggs, the latest novel on the best sellers list, a lazy boy recliner & 100% Cashmere sweaters by Ralph Lauren? Honestly, it's the ish! Every holiday season, Costco turns into this virtual wonderland of all sorts of cute gift ideas that you'd never think of until you see it there & instantly think "GOT TO HAVE IT" plus their prices can't be beat! The other day, I picked up 8 travel-size Smashbox lipglosses plus a carrying case with built-in mirror for $10.99.

Keep in mind, 1 Smashbox lipgloss sells for $15.00, so this is truly a steal! Run, hell, fly to your local Costco for this product! Think stocking stuffers, perfect gift, or how bout something for you, just because! Talk about trick or treat!!

The set includes the following shades, visit the site & check em' out:

DESIRE (makes a great highlighter over a darker shade)
FINALE
FEATURES
SASSY
ACCESSORIES
BEAUTY
BLUR
POUT

Keep 1, gift 7, gift 1, keep 7 - choice is yours....

Speaking of that fast-approaching holiday where you can dress up, grab a bag & go door-to-door begging for goodies, remember that awful little saying passed down by generations "Trick or Treat....blah blah blah..... yea, you know the one. Well, I have something much better to smell or wear for that matter, it's the Breathe Fragrance Mist Romance-Amber Myrrh scent. It smells devine, not flowery, fruity, cookie or anything else edible, since I can't stand smelling like a bakery! Honestly, if I want to reek of an alcoholic beverage (think Pina-Colada-Coconut), I'll just go a bar. This fragrance smells like a woman should ... sophisticated, soft, fresh & clean. It's a real deep-inhale, "pass someone on the street & they will surely turn-around" kind of scent.....yes, it's that gooood!

Okay, this should hold you for a while! If you happen to purchase one of these items after reading the above, hollaback & lemme know what u think.....

I'll leave you with a sassy, beaute' quote of the day:


"Discretion is being able to raise your eyebrow instead of your voice."
Anonymous

Chow!






1 comment:

1969 said...

I have the remainder of a BBW gift certificate in my wallet. Probably worth 9 bucks. Thanks for the suggestion, I am off to grab that lipgloss!