Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hump Day Ramblings & Writers Block


The only thing exciting about Wednesday is the fact that it's two days away from Friday bringing us thisclose to the ever exciting weekend, right? Yesterday I spent three steadfast hours glued to my computer researching material for an article that I am anxious to complete. I planned on finishing it tonight but got home late & the second I sat down at my desk, writers block kicked in so what better way to turn it around and wet my writers palette than dishing on the latest this & that!

Example

1st Up: Posh Spice says she's Uggggly naked!
Now, I know you all remember Victoria "Bend it like" Beckham from the upbeat yet unusual pop girl band - The Spice Girls. I was not a fan of the group or unusual songs like "If You Wanna Be My Lover" though they caught my attention with a ballad titled "2 Become 1 ." The song was not vocal mastery but it sounded rather normal considering their previous work so I'd let it play on the radio without turning the station. Now, back to Vicky's ugly nakedness - okay, so she says that childbirth has left her body a little ragged and a lack of a "bum" has left her wishing for a little more bootyliciousness if you know what I mean.

Well, that's often to be expected when one gives birth! Personally, I thought she'd say it's because she's a grown woman who weighs less than a small child (minus the medicine balls injected into her chest... really, can you say "overkill"). I promise to elaborate on this topic in a future post cause I gots LOTS to say about this whole skinny craze nonsense but as for Posh... well, would we even care if weren't for HIM!

Example

2nd Up: Madge wants an African baby!
I heard Madonna was planning a trip to Malawi to possibly adopt a baby there.... I also read that ole' Guy wasn't really feeling the idea. Now, I know they have two children together and apparently two nannies. I remember watching Madonna in a documentary not so long ago, that featured the star with her two children looking a little, um, how do you say... FREEKIN EXHAUSTED! The kids were running everywhere, she looked spent and Guy, well, he was nowhere to be found. Now, you gotta figure having two nannies has got to free up a lotta yoga time for the material girl so when she does spend time with her kids, it should be enjoyable right? Apparently not, cuz D.S.S. looked as though she was going to quickly speed dial her nannies as soon as the cameras stopped rolling... so I ask, WTF with adopting a baby in Africa? Honestly, I think A.J. did it from her heart but if Nikki Finn is just doing this to try to compete or keep up with her..... she'll be in for a rude awakening!

Example

Neeeeexxxt, Grey's Anatomy Brawl??:
I heard there was an altercation on the set of my favorite TV show. . . apparently Patrick Dempsey and Isaiah Washington got into it after Dempsey complained about other actors arriving tardy to the set. It has been reported that Isaiah choked Patrick and a "violent brawl" ensued. Oh no, say it ain't so! If this were reality TV, someone would have to pack their bags, say good-bye to their fellow roomates and head home, followed by a video montage of their best moments in the house set to some emotionally stirring song. (too much Real World, I know)

.. Ok, back to Burke & McDreamy! I love 'em both & considering Grey's Anatomy is so yummy yum yum!, I don't want to see it suffer any bad press or folks 'ego burstin' on the set. Chaundra Rimes is just making a name for herself in this business, don't "hood it up" now, fellas. Act like you been somewhere aaigght! I know what it is, Washington's sweatin that sexy ad campaign Dempsey struck with NY & Co..... it's cool Isaiah, can we get him a deal over-here please!?! Let's see now. . . NY & Co's rival is ummmmm, aha! - The Limited! That's it, just give Washington and Sandra Oh a hot & heavy advertisment for "The Limited" and all is love again.



Site 2 Peek: Have u ever visited the website for Sephora, MAC or Smashbox cosmetics ONLY to purchase a lipgloss and got to browsing around?? After a minute or so, you notice the cost of the mascara you crave or lipstick or latest shade of blush and suddenly you realize you could pay off a small cell bill for the price of one more item. Been there, relate to that!

Well, how exciting would it be to afford the whole darn website for less than $100? Yea, the MAC website for less than $100.... dream on! I found a wonderful little site where you can do just that because I did and it was soooo much fun when that box of goodies arrived, let me tell you! If you love beauty like I love beauty, you'll LOVE this site because every item (except the makeup bags) is just $1, yes, ONE DOLLAR!!!

Click here to watch a video of E.L.F featured on STRIPPED (i love this show)

Eyes. Lips. Face features numerous items from lipsticks to powders to gloss to makeup bags to U NAME IT! The quality's good, shades for all skin types and you can not beat the price. I'm not a blush girl so I skipped that product but I ordered everything else that struck my fancy covering every category and my order came to about $67!

Try it, you'll love it & if you leave with nothing (how could u!), you at least have to try the nail polish remover pads! I kid you not, these things are fantabulous, smell good, are uber moisturizing and 1 pad can handle close to all 10 fingers. Trust - - - you will love!

Oh so much more to say but slumber calls & I must answer in order to make it through yet another dreadful day at my 9-5! Positive, positive thoughts .... I leave you with a lil quote:

"If you cannot get people to listen to you any other way, tell them it's confidential." - Patrick Murray

Chow!

No comments: