Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's such an amazing product!

Of all the awful things to mess up a beauty addict's look, the worst offender of all has got to be acne! I hate pimples, even the tiniest annoyance can make me want to stay home avoiding all outside contact.

All the while growing up on the mean streets of Chicago (okay, maybe not so much mean as slightly aggrivated), I enjoyed blemish free, caramel smooth skin. In high school, I casually passed many a pimply faced lad without ever thinking the sheer havoc this stuff reeks on one's psyche not to mention confidence. Kids are cruel so I consider myself blessed to have missed that boat. But don't think it didn't hit me hard shortly after my 22nd b-day. I don't know what happened, there I was, starting a new job, kickin around a new beau, only to find an uninvited guest tagging along with us on every date! I could've just died I tell you! After receiving 2 dermatologist referrals & wanting to slap the one who told me that it was makeup & to stop using it & then it would go away. Hmmph, first of all, if shady grady had've asked he would've known that I only wore a slight sweep of pressed powder aaaaannd that it couldn't have been the problem given the way my skin erupted! I'm talkin nodules here people, nothin cute by any means.

Anyway, lucky for me, I found the best dermatologist for ethnic skin that Chicago has to offer maybe the world) & she saved me! My skin cleared up completely but that was over 9 years ago. I still get pimples but nothing like that fortunately. It was a nightmare & although I had to return to Dr, Breadon last year after a lapse from B.C. left me looking horrendous, she had me back to normal in no time. Yea, she's gooood!

Having said all that, I was assaulted by approx. 4 pimples last week & my normal plan of attack failed to save me so two nights ago I mixed in a drop or two of lovely Extra Virgin Olive Oil with my PM CLEANSER and drifted off to sleep. The next morning, the large pimple on the right side of my face had completely disappeared & the remaining three were shrinking fast. I repeated the same process with my AM CLEANSER & the 2 remaining pimples are much smaller than before & on their way to "SEE YA" land! I've said it before & I'll say it again - Gotta love EVOO!

No comments: